- Our meat is frozen at the peak of freshness and individually hand wrapped in traditional butcher paper.
- All of our boxes are filled with dry ice to ensure freshness.
- Delivered with 100% curbside recyclable packaging
- Each shipment is ground FedEx and arrives within 3 business days.
Subscription orders will be filled and shipped the following Monday after the purchase date and recurring each month. One-time purchases will also be sent out the following Monday after the purchase date.
Red Star Beef Questions
- We are locally grown and locally shipped.
- We actually own and manage the ranches we source from.
- Our cows are pasture raised and free to roam.
- Our beef is 100% hormone and antibiotic free.
- No “middleman” involved, so you get the best Farm-to-Door experience possible.
- Our cattle are harvested in their prime; approximately 18 to 20 months of age, to ensure you the highest quality cuts of meat.
You can read more of our story here!
The cattle we own are raised both in the higher summer pastures around Meeker, CO. and in the lower spring and winter pastures of Loma, CO., giving them a unique variety of grasses, climates and open pastures.
The truth is there is a huge difference between grass fed, and grass finished beef. Grass fed doesn't always mean grass finished. Beef that is labeled as grass fed can possibly come from cows that were started on a grass diet, but then transitioned to a grain-based diet. In fact, many of these "grass-fed" cows can spend the last few months of their lives on a grain diet to help them quickly gain weight.
Grass finished beef has:
Less calories than grain-finished beef
Higher levels of Omega-3 fatty acids
Considerably more antioxidants, vitamins and minerals
We process our meat locally. We have worked with the best meat processing company in Colorado since day one.